We are currently looking for a CAD Designer to join our Tech & Design team in Glasgow with regular travel to site included. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company with great ambitions for the future.
As a CAD Designer, you will be responsible for providing CAD Design and Technical support within WGM for existing and future delivery of multi-disciplinary projects. This will include projects spanning a variety off industries and sectors, although particularly Water and Waste Water.
The successful candidate will also be willing, and able, to provide technical input and support as required across all business functions.
- Applying Knowledge, Skills and Experience in the field of CAD Engineering and Design to provide a robust and efficient CAD capability, as part of the Technical and Design team in WGM.
- Preparing suitable CAD drawings and designs to support the work of the Projects and Operational functions of the business as well as providing technical input into projects as required. This could be any combination of Mechanical, Electrical or Civil CAD Design work.
- Applying knowledge and experience of working in a CAD/Design environment to ensure processes and procedures are adhered to from the outset and CAD standards are maintained throughout the design phase.
- Ensuring that all CAD / technical work is undertaken to the current standards and specifications and undertake to maintain an awareness of any new developments within the CAD Design environment and/or client arenas.
- Providing technical support to the various business functions, which may involve site survey work as required to allow a design to be developed or to resolve a design issue.
What we are looking for
- A recognised qualification in Computer Aided Design.
- A qualification in an engineering related discipline would be advantageous
- Advanced user knowledge of AutoCAD is essential.
- A working knowledge of 3-D CAD packages.
- Water and Waste Water Experience is essential.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint packages.
Why work for us
We have a salary on offer that is competitive within the market, along with our expanding benefits package which includes; 28 days holiday as a standard, company sick pay flexible working hours and a company pension scheme amongst others. We will also provide you with all the support and resources to progress and meet your personal ambitions.