As a result of our continued growth, the need has emerged for a Commissioning Engineer to join the Project team based in Livingston. The overall purpose of the role is to deliver all site-based commissioning elements associated with multi-disciplined projects, on-time to fully satisfy customer requirements, specifications, quality standards, and client acceptance criteria.
A full understanding of the commissioning requirements associated with the overall construction of any project is required. Whether this be electrical, mechanical & process elements of the project, from planning stage, through the project lifecycle until final commissioning and completion.
What you’ll be doing?
- Have input into the project specific commissioning plan and keep records of tests up to date
- Supervising and chasing of any sub-contractor commissioning plans for implementation in above & reporting on the performance success of this.
- Providing commissioning support to the project manager, engineer and site manager when required.
- Identify and organise resource requirements to deliver commissioned Plant & Equipment.
- Liaise with client operations & framework supplier engineers as required in line with the overall project commissioning plan.
- Provide Commissioning documentation deliverables in line with client specification e.g; delivery notes, training plan, instrument test sheets and completion reports etc.
- Report progress and progress updates / issues to M&E Commissioning Manager, Project Manager, Site Manger escalating commissioning issues as required
- Undertake site acceptance testing as required in line with the project specific commissioning plan.
- Carry out Training of client personnel.
- Organise and witness End to End Telemetry testing.
- Attend to Plant breakdowns post commissioning until final handover reporting on the type of defect and remedial actions required to fulfil overall project acceptance criteria.
- Provide project reporting to commissioning manager on a weekly basis including programme progress and any change in line with the project specific commissioning plan.
What are we looking for?
- Experience of commissioning mechanical, electrical, installations in line with industry standards.
- Experience of managing packaged plant sub-contractors and interfaces of projects ranging from small to large in the water industry.
- A clear focus on safety.
- Trained in first aid and confined spaces with DOMS & Water Hygiene.
- A CSCS/ECS and SSTS or equivalent.
- Someone who is well organised with the ability to multi task and clearly communicate with all team members.
- Water industry experience is preferable, but knowledge of the area may be considered.
Why work for us?
In addition to the competitive salary on offer, we also have our expanding benefits package. This includes a basic 28 days holiday which increases with service, a competitive pension scheme and our death in service policy. Additional to this we will provide you with all the tools to progress and meet your personal ambitions.