This is a great opportunity to join a growing company that has major ambitions for the future. We are looking for an experienced and competent Finance Business Partner to join our busy finance team here at WGM Engineering.
The Finance Business Partner will be accountable for our Projects business stream. Therefore, the job will be split between our sites in Livingston and Glasgow with regular travel included. As the Finance Business Partner, you will have full ownership of the numbers and provide critical interface between key managers and directors in the business stream.
What we are looking for?
- Qualified (e.g ACCA/ CIMA ICAS / ICAEW)
- A confident and clear communicator who can present to a varied audience and explain financial details to non-financial people.
- A self-starter with exceptional attention to detail and a can-do attitude.
- At least 3 years post qualified experience.
- Previous business partner type experience and in a process driven environment.
- Efficiency in the full MS Office suite.
- A current UK drivers license.
What you’ll be doing?
- Taking ownership of the Projects Accounts. Including the annual budget and forecasting.
- Communicating with Projects to ensure they have a thorough understanding of their financial performance, to include cost drivers, local overheads and assist in developing and supporting opportunity and risk mitigation plans.
- Supporting the month end management accounts process.
- Attending relevant Finance & Projects Reviews with the directors.
- Attending the internal commercial / financial reviews for each business stream to ensure the relationship between the inputs and outputs are fully understood always.
- Responsible for Working Capital Management for Projects & support the Head of Finance in the Working Capital Review process
- Managing WIP and debtors for the business stream.
- Supporting the Head of Finance with all customer framework and supplier rebate calculation.
- Supporting the implementation of the “Project Sunrise” Change Program, the underpinning IT enablement Microsoft NAV / CRM, through design, deployment and implementation phases.
- Working with Head of Finance & Senior Finance Manager to promote positive change in both processes and behaviours
- Supporting the Senior Finance Manager during the annual audit process
Why work for us?
As well as a competitive salary we will also provide you with an additional car allowance to cover your travel. You will also receive our fantastic benefits package which includes; 28 days holiday as a standard, company sick pay and a company pension scheme amongst others.