WGM Engineering is looking for an experienced and competent Financial Accountant to join our growing Finance team, based in Glasgow. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company that has major ambitions for the future.
What you’ll be doing?
- Supporting the financial accounting and controls activity of the business.
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations and owning the reconciliations process.
- Performing cash flow forecasting
- Daily bank reconciliation
- Allocating customer receipts
- Fixed Asset accounting through the asset life-cycle
- Monthly standard journals – prepayments and accruals
- Production and distribution of time bookings for the business
Who we are looking for?
- The ideal candidate will be newly qualified or at final stages of qualification (e.g ACCA/ CIMA ICAS / ICAEW)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office, including significant excel skills (above intermediate pivot tables, formulae and data modelling).
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Experience and knowledge of ERP systems (Navision ideal)
- Experience of Contract Accounting
- Experience of Fixed Asset Accounting
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Good organisational skills with a methodical approach towards workloads.
Why work for us?
In addition to the competitive salary on offer, we also have our expanding benefits package. This includes a basic 28 days holiday which increases with service, pension scheme and our death in service policy. Additional to this we will provide you with all the tools to progress and meet your personal ambitions.