We are currently looking for an IT Manager to join our Support Services team in our Glasgow office. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company with great ambitions for the future.
As the IT Manager, you will provide guidance on systems architecture and systems integration to the team here at WGM. The role will also have responsibilities of supervising the outsourced IT and Telecoms support contract.
- Working with directors and key stakeholders, ensuring IT is delivered in an effective and timely manner and within budget.
- Develop and deliver objectives, bringing satisfactory resolution to identified problems.
- Managing the outsourced IT & Telecoms support contract and be the single point of contact for resolution of operational issues.
- Reviewing the existing outsourced IT & Telecoms support contracts and recommend to the Executive Leadership Team any changes that improve both service and cost.
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with suppliers and providers, working with them to develop a business continuity plan and to roll this out within the business.
- Maintaining an up to date and accurate asset log for all IT/Phone and print equipment, software and licences working with procurement and HR.
- Carrying out regular health checks of WGM’s systems, troubleshooting, identifying areas of weakness and take appropriate action to safeguard WGM’s systems and IT environment.
What we are looking for
- Knowledge of Windows Server Operating system within a multi-site domain Environment. Knowledge of DNS Server; Active directory; File server; Application server; Remote access server
- An in-depth and working knowledge of the ITIL best practice framework and processes.
- Experienced in supporting a wide range of business-critical applications
- Experience of writing and implementing IT policies and best practices
- An able communicator with the ability to communicate both internally and externally.
- An analytical individual with troubleshooting skills
- A Current Valid Driving Licence
Why work for us
We have a salary on offer that is competitive within the market, along with our expanding benefits package which includes; 28 days holiday as a standard, flexible working, company sick pay and a company pension scheme amongst others. We will also provide you with all the support and resources to progress and meet your personal ambitions.