We are currently looking for a Lead Electrical Designer to join our Tech & Design team in Glasgow with regular travel to site included. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company with great ambitions for the future.
As a Lead Electrical Designer, you will be a competent design engineer in the Electrical discipline, responsible for planning and managing the robust and accurate delivery of the technical and design elements of a project or task (including time and cost).
The successful candidate will also be willing, and able, to provide technical input and support as required across all business functions.
- Outlining design and optioneering exercises to develop initial client concepts or requirements, into workable solutions.
- Conducting site-based surveys to understand the needs of a given project and to inform the optimum design solution.
- Co-ordinating the production of Electrical design drawings for specified projects alongside the CAD team when required.
- Co-ordinating the production of Mechanical design drawings for specified projects alongside the CAD team when required
- Preparing effective Electrical/ICA design outputs and contributing technical guidance to projects as required.
- Supporting your own and your team’s continuous professional development by demonstrating an awareness and understanding of advances or emergent technologies within your discipline.
- Promoting a positive Health & Safety Culture within your department and across the business.
- Promoting productivity by highlighting issues/improvements with current procedures.
- To submit all design work to relevant British Standards and Client Specifications. This includes adherence to all applicable guidance and regulations such as; CDM 2015, IEE Wiring Regs 17th Ed, DSEAR Regs etc.
What we are looking for
- Water and Waste Water Experience is essential.
- An effective communicator.
- A team player who enjoys both working with and supporting our junior engineers.
- Previous experience working under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- A clear focus on results and client needs.
Why work for us
We have a salary on offer that is competitive within the market, along with our expanding benefits package which includes; 28 days holiday as a standard, company sick pay flexible working hours and a company pension scheme amongst others. We will also provide you with all the support and resources to progress and meet your personal ambitions.