WGM Engineering Ltd are one of Scotland’s leading engineering solutions providers and currently transitioning through a period of significant transformation and growth.
As a result, the need has emerged for a Lead Mechanical Designer to join the Tech and Design team based primarily in Glasgow but also site based. You will be a competent design engineer in the Mechanical discipline, responsible for planning and managing the robust and accurate delivery of the technical and design elements of a project or task (including time and cost). This will be either alone or through a multi-discipline project team. You will also provide technical input and support as required across all business functions.
- Outline design and optioneering exercises to develop initial client concepts or requirements, into workable solutions.
- Conduct site based surveys to understand the needs of a given project and to inform the optimum design solution.
- Co-ordinate the production of Mechanical design drawings for specified projects alongside the CAD team when required.
- Prepare effective Mechanical/ICA design outputs and contribute technical guidance to projects as required.
- Support your own and your team’s continuous professional development by demonstrating an awareness and understanding of advances or emergent technologies within your discipline.
- Ensure that all design/technical work is undertaken to the correct standards and specifications.
- Promote positive culture in relation to health & safety within the department and across the business.
- Fulfil role of recognised mentor within the business, as required from time-to-time. This includes mentoring to employees across the business, cultivating mentoring relationships to enhance and contribute to the ongoing development and improved performance of employees.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Due to the recent growth we have welcomed the addition of a lot of new talent, and with ongoing updates to our benefits offering it really is a great time to be joining us here at WGM.