- 37.5 hour working week
- £16.10 per hour
- Start date 4th March 2019
We are currently looking for Mechanical Fitters to join our Projects team based in Livingston. If you have previous mechanical fitting experience and are looking for a varied and challenging role in which there are real progression opportunities we would love to hear from you!
The overall purpose for the role is to deliver mechanical maintenance, refurbishment and new installation works including testing & pre-commissioning activities. The right candidate will have a sound knowledge of current regulations and WIMES specifications.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintain, repair and install mechanical equipment for various private client sectors and Scottish Water sites.
- Assist in working with our civil, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation technicians, commissioning engineers and site client operations staff.
- Swiftly and comprehensively fault-find, rectifying problems on a variety of mechanical equipment including sewage pumps and valves and associated pipe work, air blowers, screens, filter equipment, tanks, tank bridges.
- Identifying problematic plant and the subsequent faults and to take part in finding efficient solutions to return equipment to working order.
- Actively taking part in risk assessments, COSHH assessment and all related Health and Safety issues, and demonstrate ability to interpret RAMS and prepare daily TSRA’s.
- Providing information and on-site support for WGM teams, assisting interdepartmental teams as required.
- Responding to emergency breakdowns.
- Travelling or staying at locations across the Scottish region.
- Working onsite and travelling to and from site, often in challenging conditions.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and a proactive approach to work.
What we are looking for
- A fully qualified mechanical fitter.
- CSCS Card.
- First Aid Trained.
- DOMS & Water Hygiene Card.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Waste Water industry experience is desirable.
Why work for us
We have a salary on offer that is competitive within the market, along with our expanding benefits package which includes; 28 days holiday as a standard, company sick pay and a company pension scheme amongst others. There is also a change of real internal progression within WGM Engineering, and we can provide you with all the materials and support to achieve personal goals.