We are currently looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join our Commercial team based in Livingston. If you are looking to gain further experience in a varied and challenging role we would love to hear from you!
The overall purpose of the Assistant Quantity surveyor is to provide commercial support to the Projects Delivery Team with financial and contractual matters arising through the management of various contracts. The ideal candidate will be for someone looking to learn, develop and progress through the company.
What you’ll be doing
- Production of CVRs and analysis of same.
- Preparing valuations for payment applications to the client.
- Compilation of costs for compensation events and the management of change.
- Assisting in the compilation of commercial / contractual responses to the client and subcontractors.
- Certifying payment applications from subcontractors.
- Analysing and interrigating costs compared to budget and allowances.
- Assisting the estimators with the preparation & presentation of tender submissions.
- Resolving disputes with clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Updating project risk registers.
- Preparing subcontract documentation.
What we are looking for
- Ideally degree qualified or professional qualification accredited by the Royal Institution for Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- Highly competent in MS Excel.
- A clear understanding of NEC3 conditions of contract.
- Ability to interpret and understand contract documents, scopes of works and contract drawings.
- An appreciation of financial cost control and value recovery.
Why work for us
We have a salary on offer that is competitive within the market, along with our expanding benefits package which includes; 28 days holiday as a standard, flexible working, company sick pay and a company pension scheme amongst others. There is also a change of real internal progression within WGM Engineering, and we can provide you with all the materials and support to achieve personal goals.