We are now looking to recruit an experienced Estimator (MEICA) to join our Projects Team based in Livingston at an exciting time as we continue to grow. As the MEICA Estimator, you will be involved with various high value complex projects and be responsible for producing estimates to suit clients’ requirements.
Who we are looking for?
- Educated to a degree/HND level in either; Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. Alternatively have a qualification in Quantity Surveying.
- Experience of working within the Waste and Water industry.
- At least two years’ experience in preparing MEICA estimates.
- A real team player with good time management, organisational and IT skills.
- A demonstratable ability to interpret and communicate complex technical information.
What you’ll be doing?
- Preparing MEICA estimates from the bottom up against a wide and varied range of work scope.
- Reviewing and appraising supplier and subcontractor quotations.
- Producing a basis of estimate, including the creation of assumptions, exemptions and identifying risk.
- Estimating Project Risk Registers.
- Communicate with Solutions Development/Project Managers; Project Engineers; Technical & Design and Commercial personnel in the estimate development process.
- Preparing estimates that support contractual change control.
- Reporting on clarifications, questions and any challenges after completing an estimate.
- Managing both internal and external stakeholders.
Why work for us?
In addition to the competitive salary on offer, we also have our expanding benefits package. This includes a basic 28 days holiday, flexible working, company pension scheme and our death in service policy. Additional to this we will provide you with all the tools to progress and meet your personal ambitions.